About This Broke Mama

My photo
I'm a new mom on a serious budget. I created this blog as a way to inspire other mothers to be a little more thrifty. If all else fails, I hope to provide some free entertainment, or just a place where you can seek comfort knowing that you aren’t alone. Broke Mamas Unite!

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Broke Mommy's guide to Apples!

I absolutely LOVE this time of year. I'm sure the kiddos aren't totally in agreement with the end of summer and start of school, but it excites me knowing fall is right around the corner. Help ease their back to school blues (and yours) with some fun activities listed below! The best part about it is it won't cost you more than a bag of apples!

 

 

Apple Bobbing

 

Why not? Whether you're apple picking, or buying store bought, it's a pretty cheap activity to do with the kiddos. Plus, it's healthy!

 

Make an Apple Pie

 

Making mini apple pies is a great way to get the kiddos involved!

 

Have some cider

 

Parents, add in a little butterscotch or caramel schnapps to make a caramel appelini! Delicious!

 

Make Caramel Apples

 

You can set out different toppings (sprinkles, nuts, cookie crumbles) to set up a caramel apple bar!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment