About This Broke Mama

My photo
I'm a new mom on a serious budget. I created this blog as a way to inspire other mothers to be a little more thrifty. If all else fails, I hope to provide some free entertainment, or just a place where you can seek comfort knowing that you aren’t alone. Broke Mamas Unite!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Broke Mom’s Guide to Free Eats!

 

 

 

It's not too often that I'm treated out to dinner, or even eat dinner that doesn't involve standing at my kitchen counter. Anytime I think of having a meal out, I see dollar signs. It's sad that my mind instantly flies to the beating my wallet will probably take. Before my little hungry hippo could eat solids, my mind traveled here less often. I knew it wasn't worth it to go to a restaurant knowing my boob would be the only thing on the menu for him to eat. Now that he's venturing into solids, we have more flexibility. The "girls" would be off the menu for once, so heading out to dinner wouldn't be entirely out of the question, but the price still hangs me up. A very thrifty friend of mine reminded me that kids eat free at a lot of places. What?! I had never really thought about this before my uterus had been invaded with a baby. He was right though. Kids are treated like royalty and eat free at the below establishments in/around Pittsburgh:

 

MAX AND ERMAS : Kids under 12 every Tuesday

 

DENNYS: Every Tuesday

 

NORTH PARK CLUBHOUSE: 99 cent kids meals on Tuesdays

 

UNOS: Kids eat free Tuesdays

 

CLADDAUGH IRISH PUB: Kids eat free Sundays with purchase of adult entree

 

RIVERTOWNE NORTH SHORE: Mondays, One Free Kid's Meal with purchase of Adult Entree

 

STEAK N SHAKE: Saturday and Sundays. Purchase one adult meal for a free kid meal.

 

PENN BREWERY: Enjoy up to two kids' meals with the purchase of one adult entrée on Tuesday nights

 

WALNUT GRILLE: Kids eat free Monday and Tuesdays with purchase of adult meal

 

HOFBRAUHAUS: Kids under 12 eat free, plus there's face painting, balloon animals, and great prizes!

 

LONESTAR: Kids eat free on Tuesdays

 

BOB EVANS: Kids eat free on Tuesdays

 

 

There you have it. A little bit of variety too! I guess I'll be planning our first restaurant outing very soon!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment