About This Broke Mama

My photo
I'm a new mom on a serious budget. I created this blog as a way to inspire other mothers to be a little more thrifty. If all else fails, I hope to provide some free entertainment, or just a place where you can seek comfort knowing that you aren’t alone. Broke Mamas Unite!

Monday, September 8, 2014

The broke mommy's guide to recipes!



I am the casserole queen! If you're on a budget trying to feed your family, it's the perfect solution! I decided to share some of my favorite recipes that make a lot for a small price! I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do!

 

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

 

This seriously takes no time at all and is so delicious!

 

2 bags of tater tots

1lb ground beef/turkey

½ red pepper

½ green pepper

½ onion

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

Cheese

 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

I brown my meat first, then I stir in green pepper, red pepper, and onion. (you can omit this if your kids hate them)

Mix your cream of mushroom soup into your meat/pepper mix.

Spray a pan with non-stick spray.

Put a layer of tots down.

Spread your meat mix over the tots

Top with cheese

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min/until the tots are done

 

PIEROGI CASSEROLE

 

The best part about this is you can use the other half of your green pepper, red pepper, and onion without having to buy double ingredients!

 

½ red pepper

½ green pepper

½ onion

1lb ground beef/turkey (I've even used sausage instead)

2 boxes Mrs. T's pierogies

Cheese

1 jar of pasta sauce

 

Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.

Spray your casserole dish/pan with non-stick spray

I brown my meat first, then I stir in green pepper, red pepper, and onion. (you can omit this if your kids hate them)

Put down layer of frozen pierogies

Spread your meat mix over pierogies

Top half of pasta sauce

Top with another layer of frozen pierogies

Top with the other half of sauce

Top with cheese

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min/until pierogies are soft

 

PIZZA CASSEROLE

 

1 box of ziti

2 jars of pizza sauce

Any kind of toppings you want (mushrooms, pepperoni, peppers, etc)

1 package of mozzarella cheese

 

This is REALLY easy

 

Just boil your pasta and drain.

Spray a pan with non-stick spray

Layer in the pasta and sauce, then top with cheese and your toppings.

I bake at 350 until my cheese has melted.

 

Super quick, cheap, and easy! Plus, you can involve the kids! Tastes perfect paired with garlic bread/salad!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment